The Blockhouse at Point State Park is the oldest standing structure in the City of Pittsburgh. It was ordered built in 1764 by Colonel Henry Bouquet, the British commandant at Fort Pitt, and often referred to as "Bouquet's Redoubt". The Blockhouse is a two-story structure with firing steps and rifle slits all around the walls. It stood outside the main walls of Fort Pitt as a first line of defense in case of attack.
The defensive redoubt served the fort for less than ten years. In 1772, it was used as a trading post by Alexander McKee. The main structures of Fort Pitt were abandoned and demolished in 1797. The blockhouse, which was converted into private home in 1785, was left standing. It was the residence of Isaac Craig, Chief Burgess from 1802-1803, and birthplace of author Neville B. Craig. It remained a private dwelling for a over a century.